As a Sr. Interactive Designer with 5+ years of experience, you’ll play a hands-on role in providing solutions for a broad range of design assignments. Your life’s mission is creating the frictionless experience and you have an ongoing love affair with user-interfaces and interaction design. You are fluent in iOS and Android app design, highly innovative in desktop and mobile web and impress with creative, social and campaign executions. The creative sensibility that gets you to amazing results starts with your ability to find the nuances and potential within the brief and iterate to detailed visual design. You’re exceptionally organized and disciplined in your work and this shows in the progression of sketches, prototypes and comps that bridge to final design.
As a Sr. Interactive Designer, you’ve shown an ability to sell creative strategy to the internal team and the client - you speak in principles not pixels. This ability allows you to collaborate with project leads from Digital Strategy, User Experience and Development and interpret how the collective vision for a project can best be expressed. You understand UX and have an appreciation of the (ever evolving) development process, including the roles of each member of the development team and how they contribute to fully polished and flawless work. Good enough is not in your vocabulary.
Role & Responsibilities
- Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and the creative opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories; know the rules and how to break them
- Work collaboratively with practice leads and senior members of the design team to generate clever, innovative, and relevant creative strategies across a broad range of media channels
- Participate in planning and providing creative leadership in concepting and ideation, visual design, and brand development
- Develop design directions independently including insights gathered from different practice groups
- Be mindful of project limitations while pushing the boundaries where appropriate; This includes an appreciation for UX and technical requirements as well as budget and schedule constraints
- Balance the above with a clear appreciation for the goals and objectives of our clients, as well as those of the agency including quality and innovation, agency culture, and profitability
- Foster a positive team environment, mentor colleagues, and encourage the development of skills within the creative team through example, sharing and inspiration
- Candidates should be residents of Greater Vancouver or willing to relocate. International candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum 5+ years experience designing for the web with at least 2+ years of agency experience
- Only those with a solid online portfolio of real client work will be considered
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas both internally and directly to executive level client stakeholders
- Experience leading an agency design team under the guidance of a Creative Director
- Beyond the ability to realize a creative idea, we’re seeking an organized individual who has developed a clearly defined creative process and an acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge and appreciation of the abilities and constraints of HTML, CSS, JS, UI code frameworks, PHP, ActionScript and other relevant programming languages
- Experience art directing photo shoots, video shoots, and motion design
- Knowledge of the mobile app and mobile web space, including design across a broad range of touch and non-touch devices and operating systems including iOS, WebOS, and Android
- Experience designing social web experiences integrating with 3rd party systems such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Finally, candidates should be focused with a positive outlook, contributing towards an agency culture that ensures a positive experience for the whole team
If this sounds like you, then we should talk.
The Agency offers the following compensation package:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Winter holiday closure (in addition to vacation time)
- Focused yet casual work environment and company culture
To apply, please fill out the form completely. Only candidates with an online portfolio showing recent work samples will be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to actively creative individuals.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.